Herbal tea has been consumed by humans for longer than we can imagine, with the earliest record in 3000BC. Whether it be green tea in Japan or turmeric tea in India, early society and medicine was usually based around a hot beverage. As the weather starts to get cooler, we all start looking at what tea to add to our assortment to keep us warm through the upcoming months. With so many types of tea to chose from, with such a large array of medicinal benefits and tasty flavours, it can be hard to decide which one is for you - so we made an easy herbal tea guide!
After talking to a few friends, I realised that most people don’t really know which herbal tea is right for them – so I thought I’d make an easy guide for our health community featuring our favourite teas from Planet Organic! Click on the names below to find out more.
1. Energising Tea
- English Breakfast A lively, sparkling tea in the true traditions of the orient.
- Mental Focus Best enjoyed during exam times or during times of increased mental demands to help get you through the day.
- Yerba Maté provides an excellent natural energy!
- Energy jump start your morning and get you ready for the day ahead
2. Tea for the Tummy
- Digest warm the stomach and helps to make any rich or large meal easier to appreciate
- Ginger a great tea for digestion, inflammation and morning sickness
- Peppermint a refreshing tea to soothe the digestive tract
- Turmeric Ginger warming and anti-inflammatory
- Wintertime provides comfort on those long winter days
- Immunitea power trio of herbs to boost immunity through winter
- Echinacea Plus another incredible immune blend with benefits of antioxidants
- Breath Deep Sit down, relax and breathe with this carefully balanced blend
4. Relaxing Tea
- Bedtime a perfect way to end the day.
- Passionflower provides natural clarity and purity
- Calming perfect for a rushed and busy day, take time out to unwind and relax
- Lemon Balm tasting, calming, and anti-viral
- Blossom A refreshing infusion of organic petals
- Hibiscus Rosehip a fruity infusion, with a pleasant sweet and sour taste
- Elderflower refreshing flavours that offers many benefits from the Elderflower plant
- Chai Spice A lively, sparkling tea in the true traditions of the orient