Ahh Superfesast… My latest brand obsession...
Not only am I obsessed with this amazing product range, but they have a killer podcast too! If you're obsessed like me, you know its impossible to pick just one product to try. After trying many of the range, I thought I had my favourites sorted – The Beauty Blend, Mason’s Mushrooms & Neural Nectar. The release of ‘I am Gaia’ was then announced, and I knew it was next on my list. I was not only drawn to this product because it was designed specifically for women, but it also contained many of my favourite herbs for nourishing female hormones.
What is ‘I am Gaia’?
The name ‘I am Gaia’ stems from the recognition that women are unified with the living energy of the Earth (Gaia), and that health is only possible when she is truly connected with the elements of the Earth. The intentions of this blend is to support women and allow them to delve deeper into harmony with their innate nature of health. To help them feel more themselves, more embodied and more awakened to their true self.
How can ‘I am Gaia’ benefit you?
Packed full of nourishing herbs, that gently work on many systems of the female body, acting as an overall "multivitamin". The systems targeted include building and transporting blood via the liver, spleen and kidneys, whilst regulating hormones, menstruation, fertility and increasing lubrication.
I would recommend this product for women of all ages who are experiencing any kind of stress, lack of vitality, menstruation irregularities and pain, or menopausal changes. I have personally tried this product for nearly 3 months and have noticed a massive change in my moods around menstruation and my period pain has reduced.
What is in ‘I am Gaia’?
The tonic is sweet tasting, just like our womanly nature. Made up with 8 different ancient herbs to provide deep nourishment to the female mind and spirit.
- Angelica Root (Angelica sinensis/ Dong quai): Often called the ‘female ginseng’. Known for supporting healthy blood flow, reducing normal pain associated with menstruation, and aiding in balancing the menstrual cycle.
- Asparagus Root (Asparagus cochinchinensis): known as the premier female tonic to promote vitality, physical strength, and sexual health. It has a beautiful restorative nature, and is useful in conditions of dryness, particularly vaginal dryness, often experienced in menopause.
- Rehmannia Root (Rehmannia glutinosa): A top herb for disorders related to the kidneys and adrenal glands. It is cooling with the ability to balance the “yin” and renowned as a longevity herb.
- Poria Mushroom (Poria cocos): Poria is a saprophytic fungus that grows on pine tree roots. It acts on the heart, spleen and kidney channels providing many benefits. Helps to improve the flow of water through the body (great for those who struggle with retaining water).
- White Peony (Paeonia lactiflora): This beautiful herb is effective for painful, irregular, and heavy periods. White peony is a mild muscle relaxant and possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Schizandra Berry (Schisandra chinensis): Known as the ‘beauty berry’. A nourishing herb that helps preserve youthfulness, enhance physical radiance, boost sexual desire and balance the nervous system.
- Goji Berry (Lycium barbarum): Used for thousands of years and known as the ‘longevity fruit’. A great source of antioxidants, anti-aging, blood sugar regulators, and immune boosting.
- Jujube Fruit (Ziziphus): Another all-rounder fruit. Helps to ease anxiety, promote better sleep, support digestion and provide glowing skin.
Can all women take ‘I am Gaia’?
Designed for women of all ages! However, this blend contains blood stimulating herbs, so it's best to lower your dose or stop taking if you are experiencing a heavy menstrual bleed. This blend is also warming, so its not recommended for women with super-hot menopause flushes.